Saturday, May 5, 2018

Stash Sock Yarn Swap

So right after I joined in on the Once Upon a Sock posts, there was a stash yarn swap organized.  I love a swap!  It was a secret up/down swap.  So I sent to someone who was not the person sending to me....

I got my parcel awhile ago, but haven't done a proper blog post about it.....and I know she's been waiting...I apologize for the delay....


So my secret swapper turned out to be Paula from Spin a Yarn.  I kind of had an inkling it was me when she posted about stalking her swapee.  I can be sneaky, so when she said we have a lot in common and even have the same yarn, I checked her Ravelry stash page and on the first page saw 3 yarns that we had the same (LOL)....I didn't friend her, because I didn't want her to know I'd looked it up....(I'm also very good at guessing gifts, my husband has taken to disguising them) Yes, I'm also one of those people that doesn't mind spoilers (I'm an IMDB addict)  and will read the end of a book before finishing it.

I laughed with delight when I opened my package and found String Theory Continuum yarn in Mandrake.  I have looked at this yarn at least three times, but always decided to wait!!!  It's made of my favorite colors, green and purple....and called Mandrake, which to me brings to mind Harry Potter and poor Neville (one of my favorite characters)  So this was a hit on many levels!

Then, she sent a bag of Gummi Bears.....yum, yum!!!! And the good ones too!

The kitchener stitch keychain is pretty awesome...I'm not sure who it is by, but I love the lobster claw clasp...I have one from Katrinkles that resides on my sock knitting notebook, so this one is going to reside on my travel pouch of accessories!

And last, but so not least, knitting jewelry!!!!!  A stitchmarker bracelet from Heidi and Lana.....It's perfect AND the best thing is it fits!   I have super tiny wrists and bracelets fall off all the time....I love it!!!!!

The little sheep can also come off and be used as a stitchmarker/place holder.....

So the whole package was deeply appreciated and loved...Thank you Paula....and yes how did you find my Ravelry?  You mentioned something in one of your comments.....as my Ravelry name is not connected to my instagram name (which is how I found you!)

Thank you, thank you!!!!

4 comments:

Paula@SpinAYarn said...

Oh my gosh! I've been waiting for this post and missed it since I was away for the weekend. I'm so glad to know that you loved everything. I wanted to stuff more in the package but there just wasn't enough room. I actually had a big bag of Tropical Swedish Fish to add too. The bracelet came from Jimmy Beans Wool and the Kitchener Stitch Tool came from an Etsy shop called BurningImpressions https://www.etsy.com/shop/BurningImpressions2 I've included the link as I know sometimes it can be difficult to find.

Ok...so I researched a lot before figuring out what to send you and I was so glad I had that Mandrake in my stash...I actually have one more skein of it :) First, I went back and looked at a lot of your posts. I was like, Oh my gosh! We have so much in common! We could seriously be BFF's if we lived closer to each other. We have a lot of the same yarns and we also enjoy the same color palettes, as well as a multitude of other things.

I knew your name was Tammy instead of Gracey...so I started looking at the projects within your blog. I then went to Ravelry and found one of the patterns you completed with your Ravelry name. I was like...score! And I found your stash...thank goodness! Otherwise, you seriously would have ended up with something you already had based on the colors you listed that you loved :)

Another option that I was going to go with, however didn't because you said you didn't really like pinks, was the Kat's Kettle Acid Pops. It's such a cool colorway and has all your other favorites, but I also knew you wanted self-striping. I also looked at her Ectoplasm...but again, it wasn't self-striping. Plus, how perfect was Mandrake?

I also did not friend you because I didn't want you to know it was me...LOL. Once you received your package, I went ahead and friended you. Once again, I'm so happy that you liked everything. I was starting to get worried that you hated it all. Woo hoo!!!! XOXOXO

Babajeza said...

I always read the end of the book after about 50 to 100 pages. I have to know! :-)

Katherine said...

It's so cool you and Paula have such similar tastes! I looooove the stitch marker bracelet that's so cool! It's fun to have read Paula's post about finding you and your post about figuring everything out too ... like a little knitting mystery!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Hmm...the pictures seemed to have disappeared?