Monday, May 29, 2017

Mass Sheep and Wool

So this weekend, we headed up to Cummington, MA for the sheep and wool....we had a quick stop at WEBS for a bathroom break...and I needed some basic black yarn for a couple of Darth Vaders....I also wanted to pick up a yarn I'd seen at Stitches United.....some MadTosh in Night-Hawk
I picked up two versions....the one on the left is Tosh Sock, 100% merino and the one on the right is Tosh Merino Light, also 100% merino.......I'm interested in seeing how they work up.....

Then we headed to the festival.....where I only purchased TWO skeins of yarn!!!!!  I think I've just gotten so much in the past couple of months, I'm a bit saturated.....I have yarn in bags all over the place right now!  I'll be spending the remainder of the Memorial Day watching Band of Brothers and updating my stash page......
So I picked up Play at Life's Supernatural inspired "I found a liquor store and drank it." and some Deep Water Dye Works in Olive....which is a rich blend of olive green and grey...it also has 20% yak....a new Jessalu bag and "handle," which I'll be using for my keys at school...and some buttons from The Celadon Studio...she had some truly gorgeous mugs and yarn bowls.....

The last thing I bought was this poncho
It's from Ecuador, I will wear the "hell" out of this!!!! It's from Alpaca Artesania Yarina, she travels to Ecuador and buys direct from the artists.....her website is down, as it was hacked.....but I will love this so much when fall weather is here......and some random pictures from the day....
This was me waiting for the Hubs to be ready.....




WEBS, some MadTosh...and all the greens I DIDN'T buy, but was tempted!!!
I loved this bee mug from The Celadon Studio

My favorites, Jacobs and baby Jacobs!
This guy was gorgeous and just so majestic looking!
I want grey sheep...I think they have the most gorgeous fleece...






I was exhausted by now...by-product of the stupid disease I have....sigh...but we headed to Richardsons Candy Shop...





Another bathroom break at Yankee Candle, we did not stay....I was so tired by then...where I found these disgusting things....

all in all a good day...
**I have spent a little over an hour trying to get the pictures off my iphone to read on my new laptop...I finally came to my desktop, but now I have something not working on there...sigh!  Time for some lunch and some stashing....












4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like a fun day. I'm surprised you bought more yarn after your last big haul. I'm restricting my buying as I have way too much on hand and definitely need to just make whatever I can from it. Those drinks sound really gag worthy. Have a good week.

Paula said...

I don't know which I want more: the yarn, the candy, or the little bitty sheep!

Renee Anne said...

I'm pretty sure I have a skein of the Night Hawk, as well......{wanders over to Ravelry to check}........yep. I have it on the Tosh Vintage base.

Babajeza said...

A wonderful feel-good-market. :-)