Friday, December 30, 2016

Wrap-Up Friday!!!! Last One of 2016

Good morning!  Although this one linkup has not been as successful as Wednesdays...I will continue it in 2017....

Although my crafting mojo went away...I did finish a few things...

I didn't take pictures, but I made each of my students either a bell necklace or a pair of bell earrings....I also made some earrings for a friend of mine and a couple pair for myself...
I made my friend a pair of green Christmas ones not in the picture....I've worn the gold sparkly on top and the green and gold....The bell earrings in this picture are fancier than the 8 pairs I made students...they only had the one smaller bell with beads on them...I have to make another 2 pair...because two girls got necklaces and really wanted earrings...I had tried to get a count of which girls had pierced ears...but I missed a few...

I completed my Pussyhat...not sure if I showed it

 By request I made a couple of mug cozies...
 Then yesterday I decided maybe some crochet would kickstart my mojo...and started on this...kind of looked like an Ood for awhile....
 But, nope...I made a Princess Leia...because it had to be done...the backdrop is the last birthday card I received from my dad...it used to play the Imperial March, but I think the battery died...

She was my first sci-fi female icon.....and then her Mom, Debbie Reynolds passed and I was named for a character Debbie Reynolds played.....yes, I am a puddle of emotions!

How was your holiday week of crafting?  Anything wrapped up before the New Year????





3 comments:

Ellen said...

I had a large number of deadlines for charity crochet projects earlier in Dec (50 hats for children of jail inmates, 30 little stockings for children of food pantry patrons),so the past 2 weeks have been easy, pleasant projects for MYSELF!! I made a simple cowl out of some reddish yarn that is part mohair for my Christmas outfit. Then 2 nights ago I finished a crochet Baktus shawl out of some GORGEOUS yarn that my sister gave me, fingering weight single-ply wool from the Andes and handpainted in almost every color. Now I have to get back to an afghan I started for my nephew, who moved into his own apartment and thus NEEDS an afghan on his couch, prayer shawls for church, and baby blankets (b/c all of a sudden lots of my friends are getting new grandchildren in the next 6 months!).
Nice to start a new project with the New Year!
Hope you are getting rested up and healthier during your break from teaching. My daughter-in-law is a 3rd grade teacher, but when she has a school break it just means she is on full-time mommy duty with their 3 kids!

Unknown said...

I love your Princess Leia!! She is super clever! The ear rings are really festive and lovely too!

Paula said...

Oh boy, this week must've been a tough one for you.

That Princess Leia is really cute.