Saturday, October 22, 2016

Massive Stash Acquisition Update

Uhm...it's not been good here....lots of yarnz coming in and not much going out...well I did get rid of a BIG bag of acrylic and will be donating another bag...but still have about ten bags of big box store yarn....

It's fall here in New England, which doesn't just mean pumpkins, colored leaves and colder temperatures, it also means fiber festivals and yarn crawls.....

This was from a Connecticut Yarn Crawl....I visited 4 of the 7 shops.....

Uhm...the Coventry Farmer's Market and Fiber Twist

Vermont Sheep and Wool, it was a chartreuse kind of day

 And I visited two yarn stores in Vermont....Handknits in Brattleboro (notice the chartreuse was still going strong!)
and Whippletree Yarn Shop in Woodstock, VT...I only got one skein there, but it's Shalimar...
I won some yarn, along with a very nice canvas bag and some earrings in an Instagram giveaway.


I also won two of the door prizes from the yarn crawl...this yarn
And a hat kit..
I've received some of my yarn clubs....
 Some yarn I ordered, arrived....
A Gilmore Girls kit...
And, oh yeah...a friend gifted me some yarn from Loop in London...from her trip...
And well Rhinebeck happened....

I may have missed a skein or two...things should settle down...I have the Fiber Festival of New England coming up the first weekend of November and then nothing until Vogue Live in January...if I decide to go.....



3 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I don't feel bad about my three skeins that came in (and two bags).....and really, the only reason two of the skeins came is because I'm doing someone a favor by swapping dyelots and she sent me more of the same in a different color.

Woo.

Paula said...

Whoa, that is massive. What an excellent collection. I'm going to go hunting for that Stars Hollow fabric. I must have it.

Unknown said...

Where do you store it all? You should definitely do a post about how you store your yarn.