Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Knit Your Library - Week 3

*SIGH*  I am getting nowhere with this fast.....

Almond Comfit has been a bust...I just cannot figure it out.....

Then I tried my Knit From Stash, Espalier sock.  I'm stuck on that too!  See my problem is the chart...I normally would read the written directions, but they don't seem to make much sense to me....and I'm not great at charts...I don't learn that way...my brain doesn't function that way (you should see when I have to teach my students charts and graphs..oy vey!) It takes me awhile to understand what I am reading...

So I messaged the designer and just heard back, so hopefully it'll help...if not I will ask for help from one of my many sock friends...I know of one who has actually made the pattern....

I think I may just say "screw it" right now and cast on those Dr. Who socks....Quaere Fiber used the Rye pattern from Tin Can Knits..and they are turning out great....but I have to wind the yarn..and not feeling that right now (it's a bit of a thing to set up the swift and winder)

I did wakeup on Sunday with my brain screaming that I had to work on my Johnny's socks...so I picked those up again after about a year....and am plugging along on them...so maybe I'll just do those.....





1 comment:

Paula said...

I'd be happy to help if I can. Don't feel bad about not getting it. I had a little bit of trouble and my brain works 'way better with charts than it does with written-out instructions.