Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016





2015 for me was a good year, except for a couple bad weeks in February/March when my sister-in-law died unexpectedly at 44.  We are still dealing with the grief, my mother-in-law especially....

But 2014 was a very tough year for me personally, so I was glad to see it gone....not as much for 2015...my marriage has strengthened and we are planning a 25 year anniversary trip to Nova Scotia for the summer of 2016...so really can't wait for that!

I got to meet some incredible people in 2015.....the best part of 2015 was my trip to Norway to meet my longtime penpal Tone...
I had the best time and saw so many incredible things....but the best was spending time with Tone and really getting to know her....we have been penpals since about 1983.....
I climbed a mountain while there, never thought that would ever happen...hardest physical thing I've ever done in my life!

Viking Swords
So many trolls!
Iron Age home

fjord cruise
This year I also got my GEEK on in a major way!!!!!  First I met Felicia Day!!!!
I also participated in my first GISHHWES...so much fun!!!!!
I went to two conventions, first Walker Stalker,,,where I met Michael Cudlitz...been a fan for years!
I also met a few others and saw several more and just had a great weekend with my friend Danae and her daughter Rebecca....

Then the Hubs and I went to a Supernatural convention and I met Mark Shepperd...what a great guy...absolutely loved his panels!!!!!
Yes, Jared, Jensen and Misha were there too...but they were so far away! Pictures aren't even worth it, as you can't tell who it is... Mark walked around the space and got up close with the fans...I know J2 and Misha probably can't do that anymore because of security...but it was fun to see Mark do it...

My favorite book or books, as it was a series was The Lunar Chronicles....I didn't read as much as I usually do...

Sad to see the end of The Hunger Games films, but I was satisfied....and can't wait to get the last DVD....

As I said on a previous post, my favorite project was my Owligan....oh, how I love this!
I added an incredible amount of yarn to my stash....and can't wait to use some of it this coming year!!!

I have a good class of students this year and look forward to the rest of the year with them...

So all in all...2015 was a satisfying year with one incredible low...but many, many highs....I will miss it....and will always have great memories of 2015.














4 comments:

faith76 said...

All the very best for 2016 and have many more adventures and fun xxx

faith76 said...

All the very best for 2016 and have many more adventures and fun xxx

Mare said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Hope 2016 is a great year for you and yours. Take care, Maryanne

Delusional Knitter said...

2015 looks like it was amazing!! GEEKtastic! And that trip looks amazing - penpals since 1983 - WOW!! Sorry for your loss, years with those always are more difficult. Here's to an even more amazing 2016!!!