Thursday, December 4, 2014

NYC Mini Yarn Crawl: La Casita

So every year (well most years) our district pays for a free bus for the staff to NYC on Black Friday.  Last year I didn't go..this year, even though I was not feeling well, I decided I needed to go...and do another mini-yarn crawl...

I was able to hit up 4 stores, 2 in Brooklyn and 2 in Manhatten...So I got off at Rockefeller Center, walked by the tree to the subway and took the F train to Brooklyn...

First Stop: La Casita
Look at that display!!!!!!!! Here is a closeup...
Awesome!!!!  They also had a very cool original tin ceiling and fire place...such character these old buildings have!


Super friendly staff!  and the store was filled with lots of fun yarn...I ended up buying some new on the market Woolfolk Far yarn, which is done in the increasingly popular chainette style...
A few more shots of the store...

So, if you ever are in Brookyln..I'd stop by and pay them a visit...

Next up will be Brookyln General Store, a very interesting stop on the tour...



1 comment:

Tahnee said...

Such a beautiful building for a yarn store. I love it when you have these authentic locations, it makes the atmosphere so much cosier.