Saturday, December 27, 2014

Last 2014 Stash Saturday Edition

I received no fibery goodness for Christmas...well I did receive these gloves from one of my besties..
They are from Erin Knitwear in Ireland.  She was in Ireland during the summer and bought my gifts there...they are lined with fleece and just lovely...

But as you know, I don't need others to feed my stash, I do it quite admirably myself....

I purchased these fun ornaments from MadColor, I kept the one in the center and gifted the other two..
And I bought an angora transitional mitt kit from MadColor

 Onto the Yarnz:
I received a swap package with some Knitting Rose Yarn in Hot Tub Time Machine
My LYS was having a sale on De Aire, so bought three skeins of it...
A stripey cowl is in the future for this...
And have used this in my Vermonter....

I also went a little mad with the Malabrigo...I used two skeins for gifts and the third for my Vermonter
Here's a decent picture of the yarn in the hat...
I'm all about the chunky yarnz now!

I also spent some time buying a couple of Yarn-mas skeins from Jimmy Beans..
8 Maids A Milking from Unwind
Lords A Leaping from Zen Yarn Garden

And I'm joining there MKAL for the start of Downtown Abbey, so purchased the kit...
Buckingham Fountain (the lighter one)
Edith's Secret - pink is not usually my thing, but I can do it in a variegate, both are Solemate.

I managed to snag a Simply Socks Holiday Kit
The yarn is their Poste Yarn line in 34th Street...love the elf bag...

December Nerd Girl Random Fandom was Beastie...
I commented about a friend's slippers on Facebook and she sent me the yarn from Norway to make my own!
Along with some sock yarn...
I am waiting on at least one more package...and then my clubs for the month will start coming in...















6 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Well, for not getting any fiber for Christmas it looks like you did pretty well! I love it all and I'm going to check out that Downton Abbey MKAL...sounds interesting. What wonderful yarns you got. I love the JB wool skeins and the sock kit is fabulous in those colors and fabrics. Looks like you made a haul regardless! LOL! Happy knitting over the holiday! I'm still searching for my projects that got dumped to make Christmas stuff...I find one part then the needle is missing or can't find the pattern. I really need to get organized! TTYL!

Unknown said...

Obviously not on a yarn diet at your house. I have gift certs for the local shop and have birthday discounts next month at that one and another not so local shop. Plus a store credit at another shop. So I see a lot of new yarn in my January!!!

Paula said...

Great goodies! I've been contemplating Edith's Secret, so tempting. The Simply Socks Holiday Kit wins as the item I'd most like to liberate from your stash. :)

Renee Anne said...

Oh yarny goodness.......I've not purchased any yarny goodness but Husband did get me a set of the KP Rosewood Interchangeables :)

Tahnee said...

Wow, lots of beautiful yarn! Apparently you really don't need any help feeding the stash ;) Those mitts you received are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Quite the haul!! Loving those mittens too xxx