Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Travel Tuesday - Niagara Falls 2014

Back in August, we took a trip with a friend's family to Niagara Falls.  We were going on to Toronto and they were heading to North Dakota...but we stopped for the day together...it was fabulous.

I had been to the Falls about 25 years ago with a former boyfriend...wow..has it changed!

Getting across the border was CRAZY!!!  Over an hour in line! And then finding parking....we ended up parking far away from each other...and I ended up with a parking ticket....oh well....

It was beautiful day and we rode The Hornblower Boat ride, which replaces the Maid of the Mist on the Canadian side...








And after the ride...

Then we walked around for a bit..had some lunch...and said our goodbyes....we headed out east to Hamilton, on a long back way..as there was an accident that closed the main highway...and they headed out to the west for North Dakota...
All in all, a wonderful day trip....

http://bonnieroseblog.co.uk/2014/11/travel-tuesday-cohosts-august-october.html
Linking up with Travel Tuesday....



2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I went to NF twice in high school. Both times, I never got into a boat to go near the falls (it was still pretty cold - March or April). We did go into some sort of tunnel under the falls and it was frigid down there. That's about all I remember :)

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I still haven't ridden the hornblower! I so so want to though. Lovely picture of you and hubby, that is rare to see on your blog! It is nice. I love the rainbow pics x