Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Those Socks..I have a Question...

So I worked a bit on two pair of socks this week....my Adele/Rolling in the Deep...I'm loving, except the ankle is way too big..so I'll need to rip them back...I know I cast on 64 stitches..and I have since learned I need to go with the smaller number of 56....so will it look weird if I just start decreasing before the heel flap?  Sock people and more experienced knitters help a girl out...




My Do Zombies Skype? socks are coming along fabulously!  I'm loving this pattern...Simple Skyp socks....



You can see the difference in the ankle width between the two socks...the leg isn't bad on the Adele socks..so I'd rather not rip the whole thing out...

Yarn Along...if I can link later...

3 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Well, the yarn is self-stripe so there may be a difference in the width of the stripes but if you do it to both socks, it shouldn't matter too much. I always wind up with issues of pooling after the heel turn because of how I do my decreases (on the bottom of the heel) and it usually works itself out. So, honestly, I think you can do it and it should be fine. What's the worst thing that happens? It looks like poo and you rip it back out? Oh darn. It's sock yarn, meant to be hard-wearing...I think it can take a bit of frogging :)

Alicia said...

I think instead of decreasing before the heel flap, you'd do better if you make your heel flap shorter so there are fewer stitches to pick up,and thus a smaller gusset/ankle area. Then, if you still want it tighter, you could decrease more stitches away during the gusset for the foot portion.

Babajeza said...

I agree with Alicia.