Monday, June 9, 2014

Lost in the Wiki

Do you ever get lost in Wikipedia? I know it is not always the most reliable resource, but it is fun to read and easy to get lost.....it's all those little blue links....

Like tonight....I'm watching Henry the VIII and His Six Wives, a BBC movie....well they are on Catherine Howard....now I didn't know much about her, so I looked her up....and then I was reading about Thomas Culpepper and Jane Boleyn.....

When I was younger, we had a full set of encyclopedias.....you know the kind...a traveling salesman came to the door...and gave you a free one....and you needed the rest of the alphabet.....and your parents spent months paying off the set.....

When we would watch TV, and I had a question, my dad would say, go look it up in the encyclopedia....and I would.....

Wikipedia is now my encyclopedia.....the source may have changed, but the quest for knowledge and information has not.....

1 comment:

Sam I Am...... said...

My daughter now has the set that I grew up with but I too still have that thirst for knowledge and I definitely have a curious nature. I get lost every time I go to Wikipedia and lots of my fav blogs that have links...hours go by! LOL!