Friday, February 7, 2014

FO Friday

It's Friday! Friday! Friday!  Whoop!  Opening Ceremonies tonight, my favorite is the Parade of Nations...

I have one thing to show this week.  I knit a test cowl for someone in the MadColor group on Ravelry.

It's called It's Just a Flesh Wound...It has not been published, but I have permission to show pictures.
It was a pretty easy pattern to understand, but somehow I ended up twisting the cowl..so there is a twist in it...plus I missed some yarnovers....but it was fun and easy and I'd make it again..probably without all the mistakes..

I used a heavier yarn - DK weight and the yarn called for fingering, so I just went up a needle size...

The color is Land of Oz, which is the yarn I used for my Spring Sweater....

It has little shots of blue in it....I really love this color.....

Joining in Wisdom Begins in Wonder, Tami, no Suburbia link yet...


4 comments:

Kate said...

Very nice :-) I've never knit a cowl before, but I tend to twist my crochet cowls when I make them.

Unknown said...

It's lovely! There are many patterns out there that call for a twist on purpose, so my first reaction was: is that a mistake or deliberately? I agree those little shots of blue are amazing!

Cathy Johnson said...

Really love the colour, so full of life!

WonderWhyGal said...

I thought the opening ceremonies were pretty cool. I love any portion that has ballet. I totally didn't even look at blogger last night because of the ceremonies.

I like that cowl. I would totally try knitting it again, it looks like a lot of fun. Love that green too!