Sunday, December 15, 2013

YOP: Week 50

First major snowstorm of the year...
Just to give you an idea of how much snow fell....I took this from the backdoor, so I didn't have to go out...it's not a ton, but it's quite a bit...we were predicted to get 6-8 inches...

The Hubs kept the bird feeder full and we had lots of guests during the day yesterday...

At one time, we probably had over 50 birds flocking in our backyard...this was during the snowfall yesterday...he had to fill it back up about 2:00....

I worked on the Creekbed for awhile, got two more rows done....and then hats..I worked on hats...I have 5/17 done for my students...I figure I can get 2 or 3 done today...they are basic simple crochet beanies...I add flowers to the girls....but the boys have requested black and white and Yankee colors...

The two newest recipients came the past week and were given their Minion hats...

Their moms are cousins...

This is my last week of work before the holidays...and it's possible I won't have to go back until Jan 7.  The BOE is voting on changing the calendar...right now we go back Jan 2, but we have Jan 6 off for 3 Kings Day..so we are back in school for 2 days and then off again for 3 days....there will be NOTHING done in those 2 days...it'll take a day to get them settled back into a school routine...and then they'll be all hyped up for a three day weekend and 3 Kings Day.....so at Monday's meeting they are voting on changing it...we just hope they take away the weird two days off we were given in May, instead of adding on to the end of the year...we have no a/c in our part of the building..and it gets melting in our seats hot in the classroom....

So now I am off to eat breakfast and work on some hats....wish me luck!  At least this time it is not scarves..I did that one year, but I had many, many more children.....and some of them didn't get theirs until close to spring...
Here are two of them...they are now in high school...this was third grade (I think..I had them for 2cd and 3rd grade, as I looped that year)

I also frogged my Bag Hat to use the yarn for student hats...I knew I'd never wear the hat..I might have worn the cowl....but decided I wanted the yarn...

Also frogged the cowl I started with unknown yarn from a student to use for the hats...

YTD Completed:
Crown for Natalie: 1/5/2013
Sparkie the Monster: 1/21/2013
Casseiopia Shawl:  2/9/13
Crikey Cowl: 2/10/13
Feet Blankets: 2/12/13 
Eros the Owl: 2/16/13
Ladder Up: 2/20/13
Chocolate Peep: 2/26/13
Czech Republic flag: 2/27/13 NW
So Cazh Socks: 3/9/13
Deep Blue Seas 3/23/13
Spock bear  3/23/13 NW
Stargate Keychain 3/24/13
Noodle Baby Hat 3/24/13 NW
Bunnies, It Must Be Bunnies 3/30/13
Beaded Camo Sock 4/7/13 (technically done, but need some fixing)
Green Spring  Dissertation for T7  4/21/13
Daffodil 4/27/13
Cotton Baby Hat 4/25/13
Citrus Flower Hat 4/28/13
Cute Critter War: Dragon, Mameshiba, Monkey and Mike (May 2013)
Demented Owl and Mameshiba (CCW2 May 2012) 
Monkey for Alexis  6/8/13 (NW)
Car blanket for me  6/15/13 (NW)  
5 Monkey Head Keychains (June 19, 2013)
Snorkle (June 19, 2013)
Wilkey's Cowboy Hat  (June 27, 2013) NW
Spring Lariat (June 27, 2013) NW
Plum Pudding Starghan (June 25, 2013) NW
Christian's Beanie (July 18, 2013) NW
Jello Flowers (July 21, 2013) NW
Black Beanie (July 31, 2013)
Bag Hat (August 6, 2013) (frogged)
Cedar Leaf Shawlette (August 2013) NW

Spring Buds (August 2013) NW
Eyeglass case (August 2013)
Charity hat (August 2013) NW  
Lacy Mitt Gloves (August 2013)  
The 8 Beanie (August 2013) NW
Ice Cream Cozy (August 2013) NW  
Mice (September 2013)
Ali Winter Hat (9/21/13)
Phillip Beanie (9/25/2013)
The Lucy Hat (9/29/13) 
Monkey Hat (10/5/2013)
Age of Brass and Steam (10/6/13)
Really Big Bag (10/13/13)
Todd the Wraith (10/27/13) (NW)
Aurora Mitts (10/27/2013)
Minions (11/17/13)
Simple Hat (11/17/13)
Lucy Hat 11/23/13 (NW)
Katniss Trial Cowl (11/21/13)
Dragon's Egg Bag (11/29/13) (swap)
Mom's Lucy (11/27/13) (NW)
Red Bow Headband (11/27/13) (NW)
Katniss Cowl/Vest (11/30/13)
Stargate Keychains (11/30/13) (swap)


WIPS:
Crochet:
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
The Trellis Shawl (February 2013) - frogged 3/9/13
Orange cotton wrap (started ?)

Stashbuster cowl - frogged 12/14/13
5/17 Hats for students completed
 
Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done

Yellow Brick Road (11/17/13) - frogged
Dr. Who Scarf (11/23/13)

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Hermione's Everyday Socks (January 2013)
A Heart Full of Love: Johnny's Socks (January 2013)
Adele socks: (April 2012)
Faces in the Wallpaper (Sept 2013)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Breath of Fresh Air Scarf: (April 2011)
Creekbed: (Feb 2012) ( restarted 10/20/13)
Bedford Springs Shawl 
 

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in

Charity: 
  Hats: 



Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt
Water Bottle Cozy


Gifts: 
Owl for Rose

Hats for Beckett 
2 Stargate keychains 
1 pair Stargate earrings  
17 student hats
 
WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern
 
Sweaters:
Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest
 
Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Rockefeller  

Wholehearted
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf 
 
Fraxinus   
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 
Holden Shawlette 

Daybreak
Trellis Shawl
 

Hats and Mitts  
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching  
 
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves
Sheepy Cuffs
Twisted Rib Mitts and Hat


Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?
Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars
Twin peaks



Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse  

Circular Felted Bag 

7 comments:

Ylva said...

I'm impressed you have the patience to make so many hats! I'm a teacher too and I don't think I could make it.. I would grow bored and frustrated before I had finished half of them!

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh cute babies!! The minion hats are lovely too!!

Sam I Am...... said...

Are you a nice teacher or what? I'd say you need a raise so you can pay for the yarn! LOL! The minio hats are so cute but nothing compared to those 2 little babies!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Adorable Minion babies!

Frogging is also progress I think. I find it usually feels quite exhilirating!

Alyssa said...

OH MY GOD! You've done so much this year! It must feel incredible :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those newborns with hats are just so utterably adorable. I didn't see, read, remember what was before that ohhhhhhhhhh loveeeeeeee
Hope you get the days off. Here in Ireland we get the holidays this coming Friday and we are not back until Jan 6th. We used to have that day off for the Epiphany but schools now have to use that day out of their own days to take as there are becoming a lot more non-religious schools here whereas 10/15 years ago all schools were religious based.

Unknown said...

Those babies are amazingly cute with their awesome minion hats on!! 50 birds is a lot! And their Lucky to have you and your husband to feed them. Good luck with your student hats, can't wait to see some of them!