Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Park Avenue Yarns in Texas

In between dealing with all the things that need to be done when someone dies, I took time to meet up with a friend.  Denise and I have been playing on the same Nerd Wars team for a couple of years.  She has had some life events happen recently and moved from the Chicago area to Texas....she is now moving back north for a bit...but it was great that I was able to meet up with her while in Texas....

She suggested her favorite yarn shop, Park Avenue Yarns in League City, Texas.  It was about an hour from where I was staying....and it was just what I needed among all the sadness....



While perusing the store, waiting for Denise, I stumbled across this square of yarn...
It was the yarn for a pattern that I had decided I NEEDED a couple of months ago!!!!  But have not been able to find...I even took a picture of the pattern on my cell phone, so I carried it with me everywhere...It's called Twin Peaks.  Without much hope, I leafed through the pattern books...and OMG!!!  They had the book!  I've seen the yarn in other stores, but never the pattern!!!  So I snatched the book up and the four skeins of that white yarn you see there...(the pattern calls for 5, but I am short! and they only had 4.) I am thrilled with finally finding this!

Then I checked out the display of Never Not Knitting patterns with accompanying yarns...
And ended up with two more of Alana's patterns!  I have her Botanical Knits, Her Coastal Knitting and several single patterns...Her Seedling was my first completed knit pattern...and she is the designer of the just finished Cedar Leaf Shawlette...suffice to say, I love her stuff!

There was another display I loved!!!!!
So I left with some yarn and some patterns and a good friend....
If I lived closer, I would definitely frequent this shop!  The displays are fantastic...the yarns are great...I really enjoyed this shop!

We had lunch after leaving at a cute little tea shop down the road...The Holly Berry Tea Room.  It was yummy! 


1 comment:

katie metzroth said...

The white yarn is for socks?

You gonna try dunking your rainbow yarn in some vinegar or something before knitting it? good luck!!!

Glad you had a nice trip! Looks like a nice shop. I'll have to take a wee road trip at some point and check it out. :)