Monday, August 5, 2013

Hats...Again?????

I got home on Saturday afternoon...my birthday.....still dealing with things, which will be awhile...and processing...but I go back to teaching in a couple of weeks, so it's time to get my life back on track...and that means blogging too...I have kept up on my reading, although I haven't commented often...and I truly appreciate all the comments from you on the loss of my dad...eventually I will do a blog post...but I'm still pulling together what I want to say......

I have worked on a couple of things the past few days...on one of the days, my brother did all the driving and I designed and crocheted a hat for the My Mountain design contest.  But I also just realized that means I have to WRITE up the pattern...eek!!!

I do not have a completed picture...but here is one of me in the car working on it...
I will post a completed picture in Friday....in addition, when I got home on Saturday...I had another skein of yarn waiting for me from them...
I'm thinking a big openwork crochet hat...or a big hat that can be cinched from a cowl to a hat...

Yesterday I started another hat with my Nerd Girls Random Fandom Trifecta yarn...it's worsted and squooshy....and the hat has cables....hard on the hands in crochet....

I will probably donate the first two to my school for the kids....but depending on if the cables make the third hat too tight...I'll keep that one.....I know the last two look very similar in color...



2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Pattern writing kind of freaks me out. I mean, I can do it but I'm not particularly good at it....

Babajeza said...

Happy Birthday!
Take care!