Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Loopy Ewe - Fort Collins, CO

The Loopy Ewe, one of those fabled places you hear about....many "yarnies" have purchased from the online store, including me, and many have visited the shop, also now including me.

The shop moved from St. Louis to Fort Collins awhile ago...and I remember thinking, "Now I'll never get there." as it was so much farther west.....well, yeah!  When planning this trip, it was a destination....

So yesterday, my hosts, nephew and I set out for Fort Collins...after a tasty meal, we headed to The Loopy Ewe.....and it was fantastic!!!!!  The staff was so friendly and helpful...the store was set up by yarn weight...and the names of the yarns in the bins were on top of the bookcases, as well as inside, with prices listed.  It was wonderful! I was in search of newer yarn, yarn that I may have heard of, but had not been able to purchase....and there was so much of it!!!!  I had set myself a budget and I actually checked out below budget!

I only took a few quick pictures, since the store has such an online presence...
The entry, it's upstairs, and I was a bit confused, so was glad Ellen knew where she was headed....but a nice welcome!!
and Ellen and I....
Now it was my lucky day!  They had Wollmeise in AND in colors I wanted!!!!
Mamba Samba
No whale watching in CO...(love this one, saw it awhile ago, and they showed me a Wingspan made with this and it was gorgeous!)
Lorna's Laces in Team Spirit #17
Biscotte and Cie - what else?  Candy Cane socks!
Hedgehog Fibres - so soft!!!!!!  I saw a shawl in these colors, I'll have to find it again...
Baah!  I picked this one up right before I checked out...it was the colors...not sure what I'll make yet....

I thought I'd gotten some Skein, too...but alas, did not....:(

1 comment:

lori said...

You do love Wollmeise! I'm so glad you got some, this made me grin.