Sunday, April 28, 2013

YOP: Week 17

Whenever I finish a big project, I take a couple days to rest....so after finishing Green Spring, I really didn't work on much....But I still needed some projects for this round of Nerd Wars....so I made a striped cotton baby hat and a daffodil....I also started another baby hat last night....but it needs some finishing....and I did another round of the Plum Pudding....I do not have project pages for these yet...or pictures of the daffodil..

The orange wrap I worked on last week is made of a thick cotton and hurty to the hands after awhile, so I need to work on that in small doses....a did another row during the week...

But I spent most of my week blogging and reading blogs for Knit and Crochet Blog Week...I have been a part of this since the beginning..and it's a ton of fun...
  
YTD Completed:
Crown for Natalie: 1/5/2013
Sparkie the Monster: 1/21/2013
Casseiopia Shawl:  2/9/13
Crikey Cowl: 2/10/13
Feet Blankets: 2/12/13 
Eros the Owl: 2/16/13
Ladder Up: 2/20/13
Chocolate Peep: 2/26/13
Czech Republic flag: 2/27/13
So Cazh Socks: 3/9/13
Deep Blue Seas 3/23/13
Spock bear  3/23/13
Stargate Keychain 3/24/13
Noodle Baby Hat 3/24/13
Bunnies, It Must Be Bunnies 3/30/13

Beaded Camo Sock 4/7/13 (technically done, but need some fixing)
Green Spring  Dissertation for T7  4/21/13
Daffodil 4/27/13
Cotton Baby Hat 4/25/13

WIPS:
Crochet:
Plum Pudding Round Ripple (started 2007?)
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
The Trellis Shawl (February 2013) - frogged 3/9/13
Orange wrap (started ?)
Citrus Hat (4/27/13)
 

Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Hermione's Everyday Socks (January 2013)
A Heart Full of Love: Johnny's Socks (January 2013)
Adele socks: (April 2012)


Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Breath of Fresh Air Scarf: (April 2011)
Creekbed: (Feb 2012) - frogged

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in
Really Big Bag (2011): Stashbuster


Charity: 
Hats:

Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt


Gifts: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for Beckett

2 Stargate keychains 1 pair Stargate earrings

WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern
Sweaters:


Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater

Car Coat
Cowl Vest


Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Bedford Springs Shawl
Rockefeller
Wholehearted

The Age of Brass and Steam
West End Scarf 

Gathering Leaves
Alhambra

Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 

Firefly Scarf
Fraxinus Danube Cowl
Simple City

Fire and Ice
Multnomah   Leylines 
Holden Shawlette


Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron

Nehalm Hat
Felicity

Stellar
Cabled Headband

Fetching
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts

Evergreen Gloves

Socks:

Memento Mori
Rubus

Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?

Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame

Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars

Bags:
Sarape Shopper

Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's nice to just read and catch up with what everyone is up to. Of course it ultimately results in a growing list of want to do projects lol. Love the hat, the colours are so vibrant.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I know what you mean about needing a break after a large project. Everything jams up behind them and usually I just want something small and instant. I can't manage seven days straight of blogging these days, so well done!

Babajeza said...

I like colourful things. This hat is lovely.

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it through blog week..I didn't participate but did read along...

Anonymous said...

Your list is so impressive ! that week have made me love so many patterns I don't even dare browsing ravelry anymore, afraid to try new projects while I already have too many going on !

Sandy said...

Cute hat, fun colors. I know and agree with you on working with cotton, it really is hard on the hands, I think it's slightly better with knitter vs crocheting though. The week of crochet blogging, I've not heard of that before, though I've been involved in lots of blogging and visiting of late for the a-z blog challenge on 3 of my 5 blogs.

Year of Projects