Saturday, April 27, 2013

Knit and Crochet Blog Week - Day 6

Day Six (Saturday April 27th): A Tool To Covet
Write about your favourite knitting or crochet (or spinning, etc) tool. It can either be a tool directly involved in your craft (knitting needles or crochet hook) or something that makes your craft more pleasurable – be it a special lamp, or stitch markers.

Is it an item that you would recommend to others, and if so for which applications/tasks do you think it is most suited. Conversely, do you have a tool/accessory that you regret buying? Why does it not work for you?

Hmmm...a tool I use....well mainly a use a hook, needles  and some yarn...but beyond stitchmarkers, not much else....so I decided to share the one thing, besides the hook, needles or yarn, that I always grab to have with me...
It's my "Tool Kit" I bought the bag at a Jo-Ann's Fabrics a very long time ago...it is zippered and it holds...
Stitch markers (locking and split), sticky notes and pen, a sharp pair of scissors, a measuring tape, and two needles cases...the large robot one I bought at Stitches East a couple years back (and wish I had a bought a couple)..it holds large yarn needles...the small one with the purple top holds smaller needles and is magnetic...I don't go anywhere without this little bag....it also holds other items at various times...I usually have a nail file in it (must have used it) and sometimes other types of stitchmarkers, bits of yarn or other little do-dads...

I decided to show some of my other favorite things...
My "work-in-progess" bag...I bought it on clearance...it's all fabric...I love this bag...I have other, more expensive" project bags..(Namaste...I'm looking at you) but I have found this one to be the easiest to carry around...

At the moment it has two of these in it...
That would be a Jesslau box bag...love her box bags,,,(and she will be at The CT Sheep and Wool today...yeah!) I have many....
On top of the bag is a nifty tool that a local alpaca farm created....it is a WIP DPN holder...I own two of them....It is beautifully made in wood...and just gorgeous....

Last year at Stitches East, I was also looking for a bag to hold my wooden hooks...the wooden hooks tend to be longer than other hooks and they did not fit well in any case I found...until this..it's from here
And speaking of wooden hooks...my absolute favorite are the Lantern Moon ones....they are gorgeous, feel good in my hand...and make my crocheting "as smooth as butter!"
So those are a few of my favorite "tools."  Want to find out others favorite tools?  Type in 4KCBWDAY6 into your favorite search engine....






2 comments:

Vera said...

Your bags are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bag! So pretty - and in the sale, too. Great stuff!