Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stash Acquisition Saturday

It's funny, because so many people are keeping track of their stash...and trying to "stash-down"  Not me...I'm all about increasing that stash!

So I showed you what I got at the North Shore Yarn Crawl here

But not what I've obtained since...so shall we see?

In the mail...the last shipment of the Mad Geek Steampunk club....Clockwork
It's on Bling...with sparkles...and I just happened to have been gifted a sock pattern, Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars  that calls for sparkles....I think I have a match!!!!!  I'm going with her Dr. Who club next round...already signed up!

And the bag was just perfect and the colors matched each other so well!
Then I had to go shopping for my swap partner and I headed up to my local LYS..New England Yarn and Spindle....purchased a bit for my swap partner...and then purchased these lovelies for myself...
Don't those look like Easter eggs?  How springy beautiful are they!!!!!!!  This is Araucania Yarns Nuble, which is a Merino silk blend.  I believe I'm going to cast on my first lace/shawl project and try the Holden Shawlette with these...I've already wound them....

I also saw a shop sample of socks with this yarn...and decided I needed those stripes...
This is an acrylic/polyester blend...so wonder how the socks will hold up.....

but my So Cazh socks, although I've only worn them three times, already show some wear and tear on the heel..maybe cuz I did the wrong heel...

And finally, when I went to pick up Betty Grace, my model head, she had some $3 grabbag yarns...so I picked up two...I got...
I have no idea what to do with this....any suggestions...it's a Merino Linen mix and only 250 yards..It's very crisp feeling...

and finally
Berroco Sox, which, of course will become socks....

So that is the end of this Stash Acquisition Saturday edition...The end of this month will see a bump of stash acquisition, as the first fiber show of my season is being held...WHOOP!






4 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Mmmmmm.......stash.

I'm working on using my stash but I'm not opposed to enhancing it, too. I'm expecting 4 skeins of Wollmeise sometime this next week and I picked up three skeins at the LYS yesterday. But all the projects I've started recently have come from stash yarn :)

Jenny said...

I seem to stash more and more too! Love your latest acquisitions, especially the steampunk one. And we will be in the Doctor Who club together for the coming months! I've been in the Doctor Who one now, and decided to renew it too!

Chrissy said...

Such pretty yarns! That merino linen blend will probably soften up on blocking. It might make a nice Spring cowl.

katie metzroth said...

FUN! --I have the same acrylic in my stash. can't wait to see what you think of it.