Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl? What Superbowl?

What did I do during the Superbowl?  My own form of sport...I wound.....lots...14 skeins to be exact...


Mostly sock yarn, a couple worsted....yarn for projects already in mind...and I'd go to start them and say..."oh crap!  I have to wind the yarn!"  So marathon session during the Superbowl, only stopping to watch Downton Abbey....I did watch Return of the King throughout the marathon session, but since my ball winder can get loud...I wanted to watch something, I did not necessarily need to hear...(and much of the dialogue I know by heart)

Top from left to right:  Gnomeacres Joker, Craftsmeow Softserve, Ball and Skein (for KAL starting today)
Second Row: 2 skein Mad Color Land of Oz, Lorna's Laces Cermak, Quaere Fibre Rolling in the Deep
Bottom Row:  Schmutzerella  Presents and in front of it, C is for Coal (sock kit),

I can't remember the two on the bottom in the middle and too tired to go look...the brownish-orange on the right is Sanguine Gryphon Bugga in Copper Moth..and the two in front of it are Manos De Uruguay Silk Blend...they are for a pair of fingerless mitts. Oh the pinky one on the bottom is Brambles Autumn Flame..oh and oh yeah the hidden one is Lorna's Laces Christmas at Downton...

Yes I know that there is a major color variation in the 2 Land of Oz...that's because I bought one a couple years before the other....They are for a sweater..I have 2 old skeins, that are a bit darker and have some blue in them..going to use those for the sleeves, I think....

What did you do during the Superbowl?

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

I love how you spent your superbowl sunday ... I made scones and knit socks!!

Renee Anne said...

The Superbowl was on? Oops. Oh wait, I don't give a poop about football (even if one of the local teams was playing in it).

I spent some time unpacking from our weekend trip, grocery shopping, playing with Little Man, watching all the updates on Facebook. Woo-hoo :)

Babajeza said...

My son asked this morning what Superbowl was ....
And, I need a new ball winder, one that works! I love your yarn stahs. Regula