Friday, February 15, 2013

Finishes, Finishes....Who's Got Finishes????

I DO!!!!!  I have three!!!!!

First off, the Hubs Feet Blankets because I had to finish them, as I kept getting a guilt trip from him...his old Feet Blankets were in this shape...
And he was tripping over things when wearing them...

Now he has a brand new pair....he named them his Feet Blankets.  His says the new ones are very warm.  This is his third pair....he is very rough on them....which is the reason he will NEVER get hand knit socks.....these don't take as long, and they are acrylic (he does not like wool) so he can beat them up as much as he wants...funnily, he never received any when he was a kid...we always got a pair from our grandmother at Christmas...the design is one I create as I go, to fit his feet...



I also finished my Crikey Cowl!!!!!  I absolutely love the colors!!!  Funny thing is my Random Fandom this month was a similar color...
There is no green in the cowl, it's just picking it up in the yellow...
Random Fandom: To The Batcave!




And the last finish was Secret Swap Project...which is called The Casseiopia Shawl.  I got the idea from a Kathy Merrick design, but went off on my own.  My swap partner likes the Casseiopia Supernova colors..so I took those as my inspiration....unfortunately I only had those bright colors in Red Heart Super Saver...but it did soften a bit with washing and hopefully will continue to soften...
Yes that is it modeling on the snowbank that was at the bottom of our porch....

To check out some other finishes this week, head on over to Tami's Amis, Wisdom Begins in Wonder, and Creative Friday...



14 comments:

Cathy Johnson said...

Those feet blankets look really cosy, just don't show them to my husband or he'll want some, as well as hand knit socks, lol!

Melissa said...

"Feet Blankets"....made me smile. Love how your snow bank looks just like a shelf. What a lovely way to show case your scarf.

Unknown said...

Great finishes, love the range of colours in all the objects. Stay safe in the snow.

Unknown said...

I love the term feet blankets. That is to adorable.

Paula said...

Yay for getting so much done!

I like that random fandom yarn.

Renee Anne said...

I never had any feet blanket things when I was a kid. My dad's step-mom was a knitter and she'd make mittens when I was a kid (she'd make the whole hoard of grandchildren mittens - me and my brother, and then all of her biological grandchildren of which I think there are at least five, maybe six or more).

I wear my handknit socks around the house (two pair in particular because they're large and require another pair of socks underneath)...and I throw them in the washer because they get gross. I just don't think I could get handknit socks clean enough.

I think I need to make some house socks, though. Proper ones, not just socks that were too big.

Michelle said...

Feet blankets, HA! I love it. Your cowl is really lovely. I love the flecks of color pop.

Jazz said...

So many projects!

My favorite is the scarf.

Kathryn Ray said...

Feet Blankets! Cracking me up. :-)

TracyAnn said...

LOL..feet blankets! Love it..

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, from the looks of that snowbank, I would definitely say your husband needs those feet blankets. Ha! Cute! You've been busy. Always feels nice to finish projects. Now on to the next ones. Have fun! Best wishes, Tammy

Unknown said...

Feet Blankets, I love it! I may have to make some for myself. I have a think pair or wool socks I made on US 8 needles and I love them.

Ginx Craft said...

Love those little socks. I've been bootie knitting for the last 2 weeks, so am a bit obsessed with little feet.

WonderWhyGal said...

Great projects! Love that new yarn too.