Saturday, December 29, 2012

A skein here...a skein there

Here a skein, there a skein....everywhere a skein.....of YARNZZZZ!!!!!

I got part of my order yesterday, unfortunately, the Christmas at Downton colorway is backordered....

First up...Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Oak, supposedly a One-of-a-Kind...love the color...maybe for a shawlette or cowl...I'd love something with a leaf pattern on it..suggestions?  I only have one skein, about 225 yards





Next up is Fyberspates...I'd heard of this yarn, but hadn't seen it....I got a pretty grey...Inky....definitely a shawl or scarf...





Lastly I purchased Cascade 220 Quatro..in a blue/green mix...This was an impulse buy and frankly I can't remember what I was going to use this for....but it's pretty, might make a cool hat....




The snow storm has started...I had to do some quick running around this morning, since I have hibernated for about 3 days....mailed off the snowflake garland, read an article that they have been overwhelmed with the response, stopped to see nephew and sister....grabbed some lunch..and now I am holed up at home again...

I am almost done with my Seraphina shawl...I may see the recipient on New Years Eve, so I want to have it finished just in case.....I am trying to finish up as many WIPs as possible....

How is your last weekend of 2012 shaping up?

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

I'm happily at home while the snow whips around outside, kniting, podcasts, and book all by my side while the fire roars! Yes, very happy!

Anonymous said...

Your yarn skeins are always inspiring. However, I've been wondering, how do you wind them into balls without getting into a tangled mess? This is what stops me buying skeins. Any tips would be gratefully received.

Babajeza said...

It's nice to have some yarn in stash. Just in case ... Have a nice Sunday!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Aunty Mum...I have a yarn winder and a swift...the yarn winder is not necessary, but the swift helps keep it from being a tangled mass...you are very crafty, there are ways to make a swift online..