Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along





So this week I have been working on my dissertation for Nerd Wars.  I am making a Granny Square tunic.  I finished the bodice last night.  I have a ton more squares to make.  Except for the dark purple, all the yarn is locally raised, mostly alpaca.

The blur bag contains my first ever toe-up, two-at-a-time socks....or would contain them, if I had not ripped them out three times...going to start them again today....

I am finally interested in American Gods and have about 150 pages to go....I think part of the problem was I didn't care about any of the characters.  I have now grown attached to what happens to Shadow.

In about a week, I am planning a visit to Concord, Mass and Orchard House.  This is where Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women.  So I decided I needed to reread the book.  I started it last night on the nook...there is some added stuff on the nook about the history, etc...But I plan to read the actual book.  This is a 1947 edition of the book.  It is not the one I had as a child.  I don't remember where I picked this one up, but it is in very good condition....and has some lovely illustrations...




Please join Tami and Ginny for more projects in progress.

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Vicki said...

oooh a granny square tunic, how fancy!!! i bet it will be beautiful - good luck and have fun xxx

Anonymous said...

Granny Squares are so versatile and colorful, I think your top will be very pretty :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I just love to see projects with local fiber! Bet those squares feel fabulous with all that alpaca!