Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Smithsonian - Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Since I was last at the Smithsonian, about 7/8 years ago, it has undergone a makeover.  I didn't even recognize the building!

This is my favorite museum, as I'm all about history and I love trivia.

Of course, the major reason to go the museum is to see THE RUBY SLIPPERS...they are now the focal point of an exhibit called American Stories.  Some amazing things in this exhibit! First up:
These are the possibly the shoes that Judy wore in the dancing scenes.

They also had the Scarecrow's hat and shoes, which I don't think I've ever seen before...I was beside myself!!
Why?  These are some snippets of things that surround my desk at home....



Do I need to say more?

There were three other amazing exhibits that deserve their own spotlight...

2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

So, you're saying that you're obsessed with Dorothy? I have a love of The Wizard of Oz but I'm not obsessed. It's okay, though.

When we were in DC, we didn't see the History Museum...but we did go to the Natural History Museum (Sweet Girl, Husband's niece, wanted to see dinosaurs).

Evelyn said...

What a fun trip ... sounds like you were completely in your happy place! : )