Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summertime

Yesterday was the last day of school.  I am moving classrooms this year, so I had to pack up my entire classroom again…

I’ve had a rough couple of weeks.  I ended up in the hospital for two days about 2 weeks ago.  I had the worse heartburn of my life.  I get heartburn pretty regularly, but this was so intense and had lasted over 7 hours.  So I went to the emergency room, as I’d done everything I could…Anyway my family has a really bad history of heart disease, so I ended up being admitted.  They did all kinds of tests, etc….and my heart is fine.  It is in excellent health!  But it is good to have that baseline, since I am now over 40.

Then last week I had a major allergy attack.  I’m allergic to dust and classrooms are very dusty….Wednesday I got home, but my eyes were so bad I laid with a cool cloth on them for awhile.  Then with all the coughing and sneezing I didn’t have a voice for 3 days…try teaching without a voice!  The kids were really good.  I’m still congested, but better…

Yesterday I came home and was running a fever…..so today I am just chilling…but my nephew graduates tonight, and he was able to snag me a ticket last minute…so yeah!

And the Hubs has been bringing my home wildflowers..here’s the latest…

DSC02950

DSC02949

Isn’t it pretty?

2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Boo on being sick! We've been sick at our house, too. Little Man started getting sick the second he walked in the door at the daycare and now we're almost 4 weeks out and he's still sick. He's had a cold, a sinus infection, a double ear infection, HFM Disease, and now he's snotting out his nose again. ::sigh::

I, too, have had the sickies. I had bronchitis and a sinus infection and then my allergies kicked into high gear. I suppose I should have expected that with the packing and all...lots of dust.

Oh well.

Evelyn said...

Oh my goodness! What a week you've had. Hope you are on the mend and that the coming days are healthy and happy. Peonies are my absolute favorite flowers -- what a lovely hubs you have!