Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stash Sunday

Today's dive into the stash is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Luscious Silk...it's the one in yesterday's craptastic WIP shot (as it was getting dark)
 I've only gotten a little farther on the project.  But I did use it for this project:
The silver on my Stargate hat is made with this yarn....so now I have both crocheted and knitted with this yarn.  I picked it up because of the color, as I wanted something silver to represent the Stargate.



Blue Moon Fiber Arts is famously known for Socks that Rock (which I also have several of) but I must say this silk is just G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!  It's gorgeous feeling and it's gorgeous to work with...no splitting in either crochet or knitting....no frazzly bits escaping and going up your nose to make you sneeze.....

It is a 2-ply hand dyed 100% silk....you get about 360 yards of it (the website says 218, but my ball band says 360..hmmm)....The color I am using is called "Manly yes, but I like it too!"

The stitch definition is really nice.  The only thing I am concerned is the long -lasting wear and tear on it, as it is silk.  But if I take good care, as we all should take care of our handknits, I think it will be fine...

No comments: