Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Plimouth Plantation

We have several “living-history” museums around here…I go to Old Sturbridge Village almost every year, as it’s only about an hour away.

But I’ve been wanting to visit Plimoth Plantation for a couple of years.  It’s about 3 hours away…so on Friday I met up with my friend Laura and her cutie-patootie daughter Jade. 

It is set in a beautiful area of Massachusetts…but it is not the original site..

DSC00349 DSC00351

You walk through the village…some of the houses are occupied, some are not…although most of the houses are one room, there were two or three with 2 rooms…obviously the wealthier inhabitants…

One room home

DSC00339 DSC00340

Two room home

DSC00346 DSC00347

This home had two rooms, plus two lofts…but the other room was crowed, so I did not get a picture..

DSC00344

Jade and Laura trying out a most uncomfortable bed…and one of the gardens

DSC00341DSC00342

Tomorrow I’ll post the pictures from the Native Village….

No comments: