Monday, January 24, 2011

A New Obsession–Supernatural

I have a new obsession.  See I only have basic cable and every year I limit myself to new shows.  I watch a lot of television, trashy, as well as classic (Downtown Abbey, anyone?)  I'm home, tv is on, sometimes just for background noise.

Well as you know, I'm a sci-fi/fantasy fan and I loved the X-Files.  I never watched Supernatural when it started.  I think it was on when I watched something else...and no I do not have a dvr or any of those devices, eventually...we are hoping to get new tv's this year and the new devices  along with them.

DSC03192

So this summer I started watching it on TNT.  They had 2 episodes a day...I was hooked...Flash forward to this past Thursday...the Hubs texted me and ask if I want anything at Barnes and Noble...at first I saw no, but then text Supernatural S1 or Criminal Minds.  Well he came home with seasons 1 and 2 and a Criminal Minds (had to exchange for a different season)  I have now watched both seasons and I am hooked....Tomorrow I'll go and get another season (they are having a sale, buy 2 and get 1 free - sweet!), so I'll probably come home with the next 3 seasons...

I’m in love with Jensen Ackles, I knew him a little from Days of Our Lives (Mom’s soap) and Dark Angel, but I think he is just so great in this role…and he does the one teardrop really well…and Jared Padelecki, well Dean from Gilmore Girls…loved him, until he became a cheater, but still fondness is there….

Oh and I did some knitting...I finished my second square from Learn to Knit while watching Supernatural and started my third - a basketweave...

DSC03207DSC03210

And we have more snow in the forecast and it is still January…we anticipate having very little of an April vacation!

2 comments:

Slicer said...

Great work!

Love the pic of the dvds, especially the afghan underneath. I forgot how much I loved those colors!

Anonymous said...

this is so weird! we just started watching this! my husband has already seen 1-4, but not me. so we just finished season 1 last night, and 2&3 are in the mail:) i loved the x-files too:) we did that last year. we don't have tv here. love your squares too! is this from the learn to knit afghan book?