Monday, November 15, 2010

For All Intents and Purposes, it's done...


Many, many months ago...could possibly be a year ago I bought some yarn from Three Irish Girls in the colorway "Aiden." It was for my friend, Deidre, who is very Irish and has a son named Aiden. And the yarn was green, her favorite color...It took quite awhile for the yarn to arrive and then I had to find the perfect pattern.

I fell in love with a Drops pattern. I finished the scarf/shawl on Saturday on the way to NYC. I wasn't sure about it. You see, I ran put of yarn. So instead of coming to a point, the shawl ends in a straight edge that I created.

Deidre called it a trapezoid and professes to LOVE it. I told her I would remake it, but no she says as a teacher she should have a trapezoid shawl. So the shawl is done. I need to weave in a few ends and I'll give it to her tomorrow. I'm not going to block it, because she really wants it. The yarn was a treat to work with and I have two more skeins in a different colorway waiting for me...

Sorry the picture is a bit dark, but it's dark by the time I get home. It's also cloudy today and going to rain for the next two days. I have a couple of shawl pins, so I will part with one for her...

No comments: