Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

Man, I am glad this is finally here....I don't have to hear anymore commercials slamming each other or throw a ton of flyers into the recycle bin. It was so negative. People need to learn to work together and compromise, it's the only way!

Now that said, was gonna head to school for a bit, then go shopping. I just went shopping instead. Got a nice pair of boots at JC Penney. I saw a pair on a commercial a couple weeks ago and been wanting them. Didn't find those, but got a nice pair of chocolate ankle boots...Then supplemented my MAC inventory. I've had a gift card since my birthday...Bought a new book at Borders: Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders It has both knit and crochet patterns and I had a 33% off coupon and $5 in Border bucks! Got some things at Michaels (yes it included yarn) and then headed to my local LYS: New England Yarn and Spindle.

I was reading MoonCalfMakes and saw those Fetchings and fell in love! So I headed out to pick up the supplies. Got myself some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a lovely purple, some dpn's and cable needles. I decided that I will teach myself to knit by picking up patterns I like and working on those. I got three new patterns with yarn at Stitches this weekend. It'll be easier for me than making those darn squares....These will have to wait, as I have a TON of baby things I need to make, literally a ton: redo Kailen's sweater, make Kai's sweater, make something for Anya, make something for boy of V, make something for girl of J...so I need to get a moves on!!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's the best way to teach yourself how to knit! And don't forget that you have friends out in the blogosphere who will be happy to help out.