Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blogging Friends

I have been remiss in blogging this week. I need to acknowledge my cool packet of German yarn that arrived on Thursday. However I arrived home Thursday night after 24 parent teacher conferences and was exhausted. I slept 10.5 hours.
(What a colorful box!)
I was not feeling well all week, so took Friday off. I have now been diagnosed with a sinus infection and double ear infection. I get them pretty often this time of the year, but I still feel miserable. I slept another 10 hours on Friday.

I did go and see a dance competition that I'll share later in the week.

But back to my box of German yarn. Blogging has become another social outlet for me. I do have a "real life" and real life friends, but I have met many great people through the "innernet." I have actually met many of them in RL, too.

Through the Blog Hub on Ravelry, I have met several new internet/blogging friends. One such is the Gingerbread Lady. She mentioned wanting to dye yarn with Kool-Aid, but not having a ready supply. So I offered to send her some. In payment, I received a box of cool German yarn.

Two Opals, one endorsed by a yodeling star in a skimpy outfit (I've seen some of this here) and a skein of Opal Surprise, which I've never seen here. I love the colors, especially in the Surprise. I also got two smaller green skeins, which are my colors. I can't wait to use them.




I tried sock knitting today, but frogged all my efforts. Will try again. Now gonna go wait for the Amazing Race, which will be late because of damn football and try not to cough. My throat is very raw and I have 2 more days of parent conferences to get through....

1 comment:

Where the nodding violets grow said...

So sorry you are unwell. I hope you feel better soon.