Sunday, October 24, 2010

What I'm Working On

I'm never together enough to do Wip-it Fridays, since most of my crafting is done on the weekends.

This weekend I worked on two projects: My first knit project, The Effect Hat by J. Knits. I have 14 more rounds, but I'm on the decrease. Somehow the stitch count is a little wonky, but I'm just going with it...I think it was easier to read knit patterns since I read patterns for crochet, but I know something went wrong a couple rows back, but I'm just going with it. I'm not skilled enough to figure out what it was and honestly, there are no glaring holes, so just gonna leave it...

Also on the hook is Deidre's scarf. I bought her yarn from Three Irish Girls last year in the colorway Aiden (her son's name) and she has been waiting on the finished scarf. I started scarf/shawl from Drops. I'm fudging the edges, because I didn't like theirs. I also started over, as it was not quite big enough... I am now 6 rows in and really liking the effect.
Oh and I got caught up on Sanctuary watching the rest of season 2 and the beginning of season 3.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your knitting is really coming along . . . that hat looks fab. Go you!!

Tracey said...

The knitting's looking great - sometimes 'just going with it' is the best kind of craft policy to abide by! ;)

Sherri said...

The hat is looking great!