Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Confession, it's always connected to Stargate

Today I confessed to my 5th graders that I kinda enjoy Selena Gomez. She's a Disney star. Now I have no kids, so when I watch Disney, it's for myself. I've enjoyed a little Hannah Montana and liked the first High School Musical...

But I did explain that it all links back to Stargate. I checked out the "Wizards of Waverly Place" because I saw David Deluise was on it. He played Pete Shanahan on Stargate SG-1. All of the Deluises have been on Stargate, except the Mom. Dom was on a first season episode. Peter played a big role as a director, extra, writer and producer and Michael was in an episode.

I've been a fan of Peter since 21 Jump Street, I liked him more than Johnny Depp....Sure liked Johnny Depp, but just really liked Peter Deluise's character....

I love to play "spot the Stargate" actor. Since Vancouver is a big film town, lots of actors are in tons of shows. Just learned that Cory Monteith from Glee was in an episode. I'll have to watch it, as I own ALL the seasons of SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Stargate Universe starts it's second season next week. It's been a bit of a bumpy ride, but I am enjoying it now. One of the writers, Joe Mallozzi, writes a daily blog about the show, food, his dogs, etc...I never miss it!

I really would like to go to Vancouver, it's the reason I got my passport a couple years ago. But I ended up going to San Diego instead. Now I may use that passport to go to Costa Rica, it's an idea spreading at school for February vacation...

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh! I wanna go to Costa Rica with ya'll!

I loved Disney when Offspring when was younger. :-)

Anonymous said...

My friend lived in Costa Rica for a while and loved it there! Hope you get to go!! I have to admit I watch Disney shows sometimes too.....