Sunday, January 15, 2017

Year of Projects: Week 3

So I whipped up a quick cowl on Wednesday night to wear on Thursday...it was two skeins of Mirasol K'acha that I had wound awhile ago to make a hat....the yarn was the perfect color yellow to match the leggings I was going to wear...so I hooked it up while watching Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds

I've put a couple rounds on a few other things, but really...I've lost that mojo thing again....part of it, is just feeling so crappy....I taught on Thursday and Friday, although I had no voice....I was very creative....I have a smart board and I'd type out the directions for the students and they'd read them outloud...or a student near me would tell everyone what I said...I actually tried giving a math lesson...that didn't go well, so we ended up playing telling time BINGO.....and we watched a video on Martin Luther King and they answered questions about the events...

I've always had sinus/ear infections, but this year they are out of control....and they start with my allergies....I'm allergic to dust mites....so there is no seasonal reprieve from those...and now with the auto-immune diagnosis...well it is what it is...and I've just had to slow things down....but I did have a week without a lot of pain and I am starting water physical therapy on Tuesday...so that is something to look forward to...not being in a bathing suit...but the therapy....and I like swimming....

I have pulled out a few skeins of yarn thinking I'll work on something new to kick start that mojo...but alas...nothing...maybe next week....

2017 Finishes:
1/7/2016 P_ssyhat for donation
1/11/17 Quick Yellow Crochet Cowl


Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him.

Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.


 
Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done. 

Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it!
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Totally forgot about this...could get it done to wear in spring...I think I was debating whether to do the bottom ruffle...it's not a good placement for me...
Multnomah (8/21/16)- hmm, love the pattern and color will match just about anything...
Warm Neck (8/2/16)- almost done...this was my go-to mindless project, so need to get back to it..
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Slopes Sweater- (1/1/17) 

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, did not take new picture
Johnny's Socks (Jan 2013) - I've tried making these...too much for me...think I'll frog and use the Zauberball for something else...


Carlos and Arne socks (July 3 2015)- using a 9" needle...keep losing stitches.
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Live Long and Prosper (4/14/16) - have to finish!
Spring is in the Air (2/16/16)- I love these, need to finish them!
Autumn Zombie- closest sock project to finish..
Vermont Zaubers - want to work on these
 
Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..


Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day

 
Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this....

 KAL/CALs:
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon

Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy
 
Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt 

8 comments:

Becki said...

SO sorry you've not been feeling well. I hope you get your crochet and knitting mojo back and you can get to feeling better soon.

Sam I Am...... said...

Everything is so much more difficult when you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon and there is much sickness and allergy/bronchitis stuff going around plus you're a teacher who hangs out with little germ carriers....need I say more! My daughter the teacher has had the exact same problem and has been to the doctor twice in the past few weeks. As for the dust mites....it helps if you wash your pillows on a regular basis but maybe you do that already? Or if you have a big chest freezer you can put them in there. I'm sure once you're on the mend your mojo will return! Take care.

Sam I Am...... said...

p.s. A waterproof mattress pad helps too!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better now. Sorry you suffer so. I hear you on men's big feet. It certainly took a while to knit the foot section of each sock for my husband. I forget taller ppl have longer feet.

Paula said...

Oh, darn it. I'm so sorry you're unwell. You're doing an amazing job teaching with those limitations.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sorry about the health challenges. Mojo comes and goes - hope it comes back to you soon. In the meantime swimming sounds like fun, as well as curling up in front of a movie. Feel better soon!

Breathing Life said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Tis the season it seems. I hope your mojo comes back soon. Sounds like you were very creative with your teaching - well done!

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh no - I hope you are feeling better by now. Hope the swimmimg helps and just do things that make you happy.